As a loved one transitions home from an extended stay in the hospital, it is important to ensure that all aspects of the post-hospital care plan are followed. Within the first 90 days of going home, many seniors are readmitted to the hospital due to overextending themselves, failing to take medication or not following their care plan. This vulnerable period is when Global Health’s care managers and caregivers make the difference in helping our clients reach their goal of becoming independent again.
Our Care Manager will work with you, your family and the hospital to create a customized care plan that is specifically designed to meet your individual needs with a perfectly matched caregiver team, ensuring continuity of care.
To talk to one of our Care Managers about our hospital recovery care call 1-800-728-0444.
Our Post Hospital Care includes:
- Consultation and personalized Care Plan
- Home safety review and modifications
- Rehabilitation reminders, physical and emotional support and companionship
- Rehabilitation exercises
- Accompaniment to rehabilitation sessions, doctor appointments and personal events
- Regular status updates to/from the care team and family
Personal Care Assistance Support includes:
- Assisting with walking and transferring from bed to wheelchair
- Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
- Errands, grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, housekeeping
- Meal preparation and feeding assistance
- Companionship and emotional support
- Medication reminders
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Status reporting to family
- Safety and fall prevention