If you have noticed that your loved one’s home or personal care has begun to deteriorate or that they are becoming more forgetful, it may be time for them to have some regular help around the house. Companions and homemaking professionals provide non-medical help to individuals who need a little help with their everyday needs.
So just what is Companionship Care and Homemaking? Regardless of the care you or your loved one needs, our professionals are able to help. From basic home care to fun activities, Global Health Care can add a professional helper to the home by providing companionship care and homemaking services. These professionals are there to aid patients in remembering to take their medications, do light house work, and run some errands. Companionship Care and Homemaking each work differently.
- Companionship Care: Companionship Care is mainly for having company and companionship. Companions could help with small things around the house, but the focus is on companionship. This is an ideal service for individuals who need someone to keep an eye on them. Companionship care services include:
- Writing letters
- Home monitoring
- Homemaking: Homemaking services are a kind of expansion of companionship care. Homemakers provide the benefits of having a companion as well as some additional services. Homemakers can cook, clean, and do some shopping. Homemaking services include:
- Light cleaning
- Relief care
- The benefits of having a Companion or a Homemaker are:
- Mental/Cognitive stimulation
- Increase mobility
- Improved mental and physical health
- Safety supervision
Should you decide to move forward with care provided by Global Health, we provide a free, professional assessment of you or your loved one’s home in order to help you figure out which services would best take care of your necessities. Our flexible professionals will work with you and your family to create a schedule for the companionship and homemaking care visitations. If you are wondering how we can best help you or your loved one get assistance in the comfort of your home, call (613) 230-4104
Learn more about our Ottawa home care company